The Sixteen-Pillared Mosque
Also Called As
Solah Masjid or the Zenani Masjid, the sixteen-columned prayer hall was built in 1423 AD by Prince Muhammad even prior to the shifting of the capital to Bidar by the Bahamanis.
This is the oldest Muslim building in Bidar and among the largest in India. Located in Bidar, a gate opposite to the royal baths leads to the gardens of the old Lal Bagh and the ladies apartments.
Only remnants of a fountain and series of water cascades in use can be seen reminding one of the cascades at the Vrindavan Gardens at Mysore.
Aurangzeb, after the conquest of Bidar, held prayers here to decree Mughal sovereignty. Steps lead to the top from where a sweeping view can be had of the countryside.